Peter ChworowskyMatthew Hunter
Peter is an American citizen who has lived in Asia since 1973. After graduating from Temple University in Philadelphia, PA, Peter returned to greater China and worked as a consultant and then in the trading industry, ending as Marketing Manager for Jardine Matheson and Company trading division in Taipei, Taiwan. Peter continues to reside in Taiwan as Director of the HMI Group with overall responsibility for operations outside of Europe and the USA.
The HMI Group was formed in 1985 by Peter Chworowsky and Russell Hitchcock in response to increasing demands by OEM customers for both high-quality and competitive pricing in the North American OEM component market. From its humble beginnings consisting of a single warehouse in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and one sourcing office in Taipei, Taiwan, the HMI Group has grown to include facilities in the United States, Taiwan, Hong Kong, China, Europe, the UAE, and Australia. With an employee base of approximately 80 engineers, inspectors, administrators, and marketing personnel, the HMI Group is able to successfully employ a unique and effective strategy toward Asian procurement that focuses on the needs and objectives of the customer. This has made the company an indispensable partner to both customers and suppliers worldwide.
Key milestones include:
1. In 1992 HMI established Hong Kong and Shenzhen, China, operations for HMI Group
2. In 1997 HMI Products GmbH was formed in Munich with Michael Ratte
3. In 1999 HMI set up manufacturing facilities in Suzhou, China, which currently manufacture products exclusively for STS Systems Inc.
4. In 2000 HMI joined with STS Systems Inc. in Sydney to provide high quality components and systems to the construction and mining industries. In 2010, STS became a wholly-owned subsidiary of HMI Group.
5. In 2015 Peter joined Colin Davison and Prasidh Mankotia to form STS Middle East, a subsidiary of an Australian multinational supplier to the Post Tensioning Industry. STS ME serves the Post Tensioning industry in the Middle East, Indian Subcontinent and Africa.